Fear and fright

“How’s that hopey-changey thing working out for ya?”  Sarah Palin sarcastically posed that question a while back.  But, her scorn has proved prescient.  Hope and change turned into fear and loathing in the American electorate.  If things do not turn around, fear and fright may be around the corner.

According to the Financial Times, President Obama may have to run a fear and fright campaign- of what the opponent might do.

Obama made promises he knew he could not deliver on: 

  • Health Care Reform?  Health care was not reformed.  Even insurance was not reformed.  The bill, in its current incarnation, will make our system worse.  
  • Good jobs to the jobless?  Unemployment is hovering around 10%.  There are another 10% of Americans who gave up the ghost in looking for jobs.  Total jobless- 20%.  Obama does not realize that demonizing, denigrating, and destroying business and private equity through draconian government control has a negative effect on employment.   
  • Slowing the rise of the oceans and healing the planet?  Nothing done.  It is hard to legislate and execute myth.
  • Ending war?  Iran and Afganistan still going strong.  Plus, the terror war on the US and other countries is still in the making.
  • Secure our nation?  Secure borders equal a secure nation.  Ours leak like a sieve.
  • Restore our image as the last, best hope on Earth.  Actions speak louder than words.  This president has consistently apologized for American Exceptionalism; making us the last, best hope on earth.  He has continually downplayed our nation’s greatness and started us on the road to post-Americanism.
  • Bi-partisanship?   Obama’s idea of bi-partisanship is- we won, you lost, too bad; our way or the highway.

What can Obama do?  His only strategy now is a fear and fright campaign.  Replace loathing with fright.  Fear and fright of a future without him.  If he is not guiding the helm, the ship of state will sink into the polluted ocean, dissolving before it hits bottom.  There will be gnashing of teeth and wailing if he is not reelected.  The future will be bleak indeed if anyone, but him, is elected President.

The Financial Times may be right.  Maybe President Obama needs to execute a fear campaign for reelection.  His aura demands it.  Too many people still believe the only reason the President does not walk on water is he does not want to get his shoes wet.

Advertisements

About Peter V. Bella

Peter V. Bella is a passionate cook and photographer. Mr. Bella started cooking as a child with his parents. He has taken professional courses through the years. Mr. Bella a a freelance photojournalist and writer based in Chicago.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s